|“||Villager attack increased.||”|
Blunderbuss is a technology in Age of Empires III that can be researched by European civilizations at the Market. Once researched, it increases the attack of all villagers by 3, as well as their range and line of sight by 4.
Note that Fishing Boats are affected by Blunderbuss, since they are classified as villagers, but they only benefit from the LOS increase as they have no attack.
Blunderbuss is particularly useful to increase the speed of hunting, if the opponent will raid a lot (like when facing the Germans or Lakota), or when playing defensively at first; if a raid is not expected and the player is on the offensive, this technology is less useful.
Age of Empires III
- Blunderbuss costs 110 food.
- Blunderbuss costs 75 food.
- Spirit Medicine – similar technology for Native American civilizations that also increases hit points
- Eastern Medicine – similar technology for Asian civilizations that also increases hit points
- Royal Hunters – similar technology for African civilizations