Bloodlines is a technology in Age of Empires II: The Conquerors that can be researched at the Stable. Once researched, it increases the hit points of all mounted units by +20.
Bloodlines is an enormously powerful upgrade for those civilizations lucky enough to have it. Considering its negligible cost, researching it is a top priority for every player who uses at least one type of mounted unit.
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Chinese: Bloodlines is 10%/15%/20% cheaper in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
Team bonuses Edit
- A team containing Huns: Researching Bloodlines is 20% faster.
The Conquerors Edit
- Japanese: Unable to research Bloodlines.
The Forgotten Edit
- Japanese: Bloodlines added to the technology tree.
- Spanish: Missionaries are now affected by Bloodlines.
- Historically, the Britons are one of the civilizations who best-developed the horse breeding. Ironically, they do not receive the Bloodlines technology. This is most likely for gameplay balance purposes.
“Warriors in the Middle Ages required horses of different types for long movements, scouting, draft animals, and carrying armored knights. Careful breeding of horses allowed the gradual evolution of different horse bloodlines to meet these needs. Civilizations with access to large grasslands were especially adept at breeding horses. In the Middle East and Asia, similar attention was paid to breeding camels for racing speed or for stamina to withstand lengthy marches as part of trade caravans.”—The Conquerors manual
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.