|This article is about the Historical Battles civilization. For the revolutionary civilization, see Barbary States.|
|This article or section is a stub. You can help the Wiki by expanding it.|
The Barbary Pirates are a civilization exclusive to the Historical Battles in Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition. They appear in the Algiers scenario. They are very similar to the Moroccan civilization.
Home City Cards
- Main article: Barbary Pirates Home City Cards
The unique units of the Barbary Pirates speak Kabyle language using dialogue files of the Barbary Corsair, except for the Bedouin Horse Archer who uses dialogue files of the Mameluke. The Ottoman units speak Turkish.
- The Barbary Pirates were a civilization that could possibly have been intended to be playable in the Definitive Edition (outside of the Historical Battles and the Scenario Editor) due to the fact that they have unique military units and have a music theme, unlike other civilizations that appear in just one campaign scenario.
- However, the Barbary States civilization, which is similar in some aspects, can be played normally outside of the Scenario Editor if the player revolts.
- Its music theme is named "BarbaryCoast.mp3" in the game files. The civilization's name was possibly Barbary Coast at some point of the Definitive Edition development.
- In the Algiers scenario of the Historical Battles, the Barbary Pirates can ship Ottoman units from their Home City and train Janissaries, Abus Guns and Mamelukes if a certain secondary objective is completed.
- Originally, the Barbary Pirates' Home City reused the same name as the Ottoman Home City, Istanbul. This was been fixed in update 10807, which renamed the Barbary Pirates Home City to Cherchell.
|Civilizations in Age of Empires III|
|African^||Ethiopians · Hausa|
|American***||United States · Mexicans|
|Asian**||Chinese · Indians · Japanese|
|European||British · Dutch · French · Germans · Ottomans · Portuguese · Russians · Spanish · Swedes***|
|Native American*||Aztecs · Haudenosaunee · Incas*** · Lakota|
|African Site^||Akan · Berbers · Somalis · Sudanese · Yoruba|
|Holy Site**||Bhakti Temple · Jesuit Mission · Shaolin Temple · Sufi Mosque · Udasi Temple · Zen Temple|
|Native American Site||Apache* · Carib · Cherokee · Cheyenne* · Comanche · Cree · Huron* · Klamath* · Lenape (Battle of Queenston Heights scenario) · Mapuche* · Maya · Navajo* · Nootka · Quechua · Seminole · Tupi · Zapotec* (Former: Aztecs · Iroquois · Lakota)|
|Black Family Estate · Circle of Ossus · John Black's Mercenaries · Knights of St. John · United States (Act III: Steel)|
|Civilizations featured in Historical Battles***|
|Barbary Pirates (Algiers, The Burning of USS Philadelphia) · Canadians (Battle of Queenston Heights) · Ethiopians (Christopher Da Gama's Expedition) · Moroccans^ (The Battle of the Three Kings) · Somalians (Christopher Da Gama's Expedition) · Tatars (Chuvash Cape) · United States (Battle of New Orleans)|
|* introduced in The Warchiefs ** in The Asian Dynasties *** in the Definitive Edition ^ in The African Royals|