Civilization bonuses Edit
- Chinese: Banking is 15%/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age.
The Age of Kings Edit
- Banking costs 200F/100G.
- Banking takes 50 seconds to research.
- Banking becomes available in the Castle Age.
The African Kingdoms Edit
- Banking costs 300F/200G.
- Banking takes 70 seconds to research.
Rise of the Rajas Edit
- With patch 5.8, Banking now becomes available in the Imperial Age.
"The loaning of money for interest, or usury, was long prohibited by the church in the West and this proved a handicap for economic growth. The religious laws were avoided by a number of ploys, and non-Christians were often allowed into a community to provide this service. Preaching a pogrom against money-lending Jews or other non-Christians was a convenient way for more than one king to clear off a large debt. The religious and political climate changed gradually, especially in the great trading cities of Italy where the first of many great merchant banking firms came into existence."
|Economic technologies in Age of Empires II|
Town Center: I: Loom II: Wheelbarrow III: Hand Cart