Arson is a technology in Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms available at the Barracks upon reaching the Castle Age. Once researched, it increases the attack of all infantry units against standard buildings by +2.
- Chinese: Arson is 15/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age.
- Portuguese: Researching Arson is 30% faster.
- A team containing Goths: Researching Arson is 20% faster.
- With update 36202, Arson removed from the Goths' Technology tree, as their infantry now have a staggered bonus attack against buildings per age (+1/+2/+3 in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age)
- Portuguese: With update 42848, all technologies are researched 30% faster.
Arson is the crime of intentionally, deliberately and maliciously setting fire to buildings, wildland areas, dumpsters, vehicles or other property with the intent to cause damage. It may be distinguished from other causes such as spontaneous combustion and natural wildfires. Arson often involves fires deliberately set to the property of another or to one's own property as to collect insurance compensation.