|“||Provides military improvements.||”|
The Arsenal is a military building in Age of Empires III that is unique to European civilizations and available upon reaching the Fortress Age, or the Commerce Age when the "Advanced Arsenal" Home City Card is sent. It provides technologies to improve the effectiveness of military units from the three major lines – infantry, cavalry, and artillery.
Whether players build one or a mix of unit lines, the bonuses provided in the Arsenal can give their armies an edge.
The "Advanced Arsenal" Home City Card provides the Arsenal with additional, advanced technologies.
|Infantry Breastplate||200 wood,
|Melee infantry and archers get +10% hit points|
|Counter Infantry Rifling||Skirmishers, Abus Guns, Cassadores, Strelets, Cherokee Riflemen, Cree Trackers, Klamath Riflemen, Navajo Riflemen, and Jaeger get +1.0x multiplier against heavy infantry|
|Socket Bayonet||200 wood,
|Musketeers, Janissaries, Grenadiers, Highlanders, and Fusiliers get +20% melee attack|
|Flint Lock||200 wood,
|Gunpowder infantry get +10% hit points; Requires "Advanced Arsenal" Home City Card (except for the Swedes)|
|Paper Cartridge||350 wood,
|Gunpowder infantry get +15% attack; Requires "Advanced Arsenal" Home City Card (except for the Swedes)|
|Military Drummers||150 wood,
|Infantry get +10% speed; Requires "Advanced Arsenal" Home City Card (except for the Swedes)|
|Cavalry Cuirass||300 coin||Heavy cavalry get +10% hit points|
|Ranged Cavalry Caracole||200 food,
|Light cavalry get +10% attack, +2 LOS and +2 range|
|Heavy cavalry get +25% siege attack; Requires "Advanced Arsenal" Home City Card (except for the Swedes)|
|Incendiary Grenades||400 wood,
|Grenadiers get +30% siege attack and +1 AOE radius; Available in the Fortress Age|
|Gunner's Quadrant||100 food,
|Artillery gets +6 LOS.|
|Heated Shot||150 food,
|Artillery and defensive buildings get +0.5x multiplier against ships|
|Professional Gunners||400 food,
|Artillery gets +10% hit points; Requires "Advanced Arsenal" Home City Card (except for the Swedes)|
|Artillery gets +15% speed; Requires "Advanced Arsenal" Home City Card (except for the Swedes)|
- Note: Incendiary Grenades is only available to civilizations that can train Grenadiers (British, Dutch, Ottomans, Russians, and Swedes).
- Both the Haudenosaunee and Lakota have the "New Ways" Home City Card which gives them access to certain Arsenal technologies at the Longhouse and Teepee, respectively.
- The Japanese can build one (and only one) Arsenal by allying with the Dutch at the Consulate, allowing them to ship an Arsenal Wagon. The Japanese Arsenal have all basic Arsenal technologies, while their Golden Pavilion wonder have Flint Lock, Paper Cartridge, Pillage, and Professional Gunners.
- The Swedes have access to advanced Arsenal technologies (Flint Lock, Paper Cartridge, Military Drummers, Pillage, Professional Gunners, and Trunion) at all times, but do not have the "Advanced Arsenal" card.
|Building strengths and weaknesses|
|Hit points||Flying Buttress (+20%)|
|Sight||Gas Lighting (+4)|
|Construction cost|| Cree Textile Craftsmanship (-25% wood)|
Tupi Forest Burning (-20% wood)
|Penalties|| Code Napoleon (+50% cost, French only)|
Customized Merc Weapons (+30% cost, John Black's Mercenaries only)
Home City Cards
|Click for a list of Home City Cards related to the Arsenal|
The Asian Dynasties
- The Arsenal built by the Japanese by allying with the Dutch at the Consulate have the German/Russian appearance in the Industrial/Imperial Age.
- The Arsenal built by the Japanese by allying with the Dutch at the Consulate now have the Dutch appearances through the Ages.
|“||An arsenal is a storehouse for all manner of weapons and ordinance of war. Some arsenals were brick-and-mortar storehouses, guarded and protected. During the lead up to the American Revolutionary War, arsenals could be any stockpile of weapons, often hidden in attics and walls so that British soldiers could not find them. Artillery pieces were even taken apart and buried in fields to hide them, making "arsenals" out of entire towns.
On April 19, 1775, the British marched into Lexington hoping to chase down rebellion leaders and capture an insurgent arsenal. The British regulars outnumbered the revolutionaries 10 to 1 and ordered the gathered militia to stand down so that they could go about disbanding the militia and seizing or destroying any weapons cached in an arsenal.
|Buildings in Age of Empires III|
|Age of Empires III|
|Arsenal · Artillery Foundry · Barracks · Capitol · Church · Dock · Estate (Plantation) · Factory · Field Hospital · Fort · House · Livestock Pen · Market · Mill · Outpost · Stable · Town Center · Trading Post · Wall|
|Community Plaza (Fire Pit) · Corral · Farm · Native Embassy · Saloon · War Hut|
|Haudenosaunee||Longhouse · Siege Workshop|
|The Asian Dynasties|
|Consulate · Castle · Monastery · Rice Paddy · Wonders|
|Chinese||Village · War Academy|
|Indians||Caravanserai · Sacred Field|
|Japanese||Dojo · Shrine|
|Tavern · Tribal Marketplace|
|Incas||Kallanka · Kancha House · Stronghold · Tambo|
|United States||Meeting House · Saloon · State Capitol|
|The African Royals|
|Field · Granary · Hut · Livestock Market · Palace · Port · War Camp · Watch Tower|