|This article is about the technology in Age of Mythology. For other uses of the term, see Architecture.|
Architects is a common technology in Age of Mythology. Available in the Heroic Age, it improves the hit points of buildings and reduces their vulnerability to crush attacks. It has Masons as a prerequisite technology.
- Buildings +15% HP
- Buildings -5% crush vulnerability
- Sky Passage -25% pierce vulnerability
- Tartarian Gate -37% pierce vulnerability
Age of Mythology Edit
- Architecture does not affect pierce armor.
Tale of the Dragon Edit
- With patch 2.7, Architecture increases the pierce armor of Sky Passages and Tartarian Gates to 85% (from 80% and 60%, respectively).
Ancient architects were as much artists as engineers. Greek "architectons," for example, did not design new forms of their own, so much as improve upon Egyptian and Mycenaean designs. There was no formalized training for Greek architects--they simply learned through apprenticeships and experience.
Some of the most famous Greek architects include Democritus, credited with inventing the stone arch, Ictinus and Callicrates, who built the Parthenon, and Denocrates and Sostratus, who planned out the streets of Alexandria and constructed the Pharos lighthouse.
|Common Town Center technologies|
|Masons | Architects | Fortified Town Center|