"Shots from our bows rarely miss their mark."—Archers of the Eyes' dialogue in The Siege of Jerusalem
Archers of the Eyes [sic] is a foot archer hero representing Nubian archers who were known for their expert marksmanship, letting loose showers of arrows aimed at the eyes of their enemies, hence their name. They can also be found in the Scenario Editor. Archers of the Eyes are represented by Arbalests in-game. As heroes, they cannot be converted and can regenerate health (since The Conquerors). All archery upgrades also benefit Archers of the Eyes.
Campaign appearances Edit
- The player starts with several Archers in the fourth scenario of the Saladin campaign, The Siege of Jerusalem.
- In the final scenario The Lion and the Demon the player starts with several of them.
- In the final Barbarossa scenario, The Emperor Sleeping, Saladin is one of the player's enemies and has several Archers of the Eyes in his army.
- The fact that their arrows always hit their target even without researching Thumb Ring or Ballistics is likely based on the Nubian Archers' famed expert marksmanship.
- Despite representing people from the present-day Sudan and southern Egyptian region, their character sprite depicts them with pale skin and reddish-brown hair.