|This article is about the goddess in Age of Mythology. For the goddess in Age of Empires: Mythologies, see Aphrodite (Age of Empires: Mythologies).|
|“||You have advanced to the Heroic Age by the Passion of Aphrodite.||”|
|—Age up text in Age of Mythology|
- Golden Apples: Villagers gather favor 15% faster
- Divine Blood: Villagers move 20% faster, carry 10 extra resources and build buildings faster.
- Roar of Orthus: Nemean Lion has -50% pierce damage vulnerability and -20% hack damage vulnerability.
- Nemean Lion: Melee unit whose special attack is a roar that hits every enemy in its path. The Nemean Lion is good against archers and buildings
Aphrodite's improvements mostly favor Villagers, so worshipping her is appropriate for those who prefer an economic strategy. She increases the speed at which villagers gather favor, reducing the amount needed to pray at a Temple and allowing them to gather other resources. Aphrodite also improves villager speed, the amount they can carry, and build speed. This allows her to provide an economic advantage and a potential military one as well as the resources can be spent on combat units or allows for fewer villagers to work, freeing up population space for an army.
|“||The goddess of love, beauty, and sexual rapture, her name derives from the word for sea foam. In one story, she was born when Kronos the Titan was castrated and his genitals were thrown into the ocean. The sea began to roil and from the foam Aphrodite took shape. In contrast, Homer says she was the daughter of Zeus and Dione. Regardless of her ancestry, she was beautiful beyond words.
Seeking Olympian tranquility, Zeus gave Aphrodite in marriage to hard-working and reliable Hephaestus. With his metal working skills he fashioned for her wonderful jewels, including a golden magical girdle. The combination of her personal charms and her jewels made her irresistible. She took advantage of her gifts, loving glamour and flirting, and was not particularly happy with a dirty, boring husband. She took many lovers, including Adonis, and bore several children, including Eros. The festival of Aphrodisiac was celebrated, especially in Athens and Corinth. Coupling with her priestesses was a form of Aphrodite worship.
|—In-game history section|
- Aphrodite's history section erroneously attributes Aphrodite's creation to the castration of Kronos, rather than that of his father Oranos as depicted in the actual Greek mythology.
- The history section of Divine Blood does attribute her creation correctly to Oranos.