Algiers is the first Historical Battle in Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition.
Instead of being preceded by a cutscene, the scenario jumps straight into gameplay, showing the Barbary Pirates' fort being attacked by two groups of Spanish infantry and a Caravel. In the fort are Hizir and Oruc Reis, 5 Outposts, 2 Barracks, an Artillery Foundry, a Mosque, and a Market, along with several Barbary Corsairs, Berber Archers, Berber Spearmen, Settlers, Houses, and fort walls.
Until the player completes the first secondary objective, they will not have access to the Home City in this scenario and won't be able to send shipments.
- Do not lose your Town Center.
- Destroy the three Spanish camps surrounding Algiers.
- Destroy all four Spanish Forts.
- Destroy the blockade (Reward: Home City access).
- Earn 15,000 XP to obtain Ottoman help.
- Liberate the Algerian villages.
- Recapture the silver mine. (1,000 XP)
- Destroy the Spanish Weapon Caches. (1,000 XP)