|Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten. For the unit in Age of Mythology, see Alfred.|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Alfred the Alpaca has similar appearance to a Llama, but is smaller, without saddle, wearing a golden crown and has the ability to speak. It moves at moderate speed (comparable to most infantry) and attacks by headbutting the target. Because it has very high armor and trample damage, Alfred is nearly invincible in melee combat against any unit. However, Alfred struggles against fast ranged units utilizing hit-and-run tactic because it lacks speed and ranged attack. Alfred is also vulnerable to Castles and Bombard Towers.
In-game dialogue[edit | edit source]
- When selected
- Hey! Buy me a drink first, sailor!
- I like it when you touch me that way.
- Whazzap? (What's up?)
- Did you wash before you touch me?
- Good god, your hands are cold!
- When ordered to move
- You move! I don't move, you move.
- Hey! Who do you think you are, making ME move?
- Wowowowowow wow!
- When ordered to stop / attack / change stance
- I am going to attack you!
- When killed
- Good god, I'm dead!
- You killed me! You! Son of a f*cked up.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
The Forgotten[edit | edit source]
- Alfred the Alpaca has 120 HP.
Definitive Edition[edit | edit source]
- Alfred the Alpaca has 140 HP.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Alfred is currently the only unit in the entire Age of Empires series to vulgarly swear (in his death quote).
Video[edit | edit source]