This page lists past requests for permissions.
- 1 Successful
- 1.1 Age of Empires Series Wiki:RfA/Ajraddatz
- 1.2 Should UnofficialGameExpert78 be promoted to moderator?
- 1.3 Should Wildoneshelper be promoted to administrator?
- 1.4 Should Nick3069 be promoted to Moderator?
- 1.5 Should Morayus1 be promoted to Moderator?
- 1.6 Should Blappp be promoted to Admin?
- 1.7 Should "MasterBroccoli" be promoted to "Bureaucrat"?
- 1.8 UnofficialGameExpert78 to sysop
- 1.9 Should XZippy be promoted to the position of moderator?
- 2 Unsuccessful
- 3 Requests for Rollback
- 4 To Rollback Editor
- 5 Requests for Adminship
Age of Empires Series Wiki:RfA/Ajraddatz[edit source]
Hi, this is User:Ajraddatz's request for sysop rights. I am already an admin, but I was not voted in and would like to be. I have been very active on this wiki, even though many other have not. Over the 6 months that I have been admining here, I have seen a max of 10 active users, and I currently see about 4. This is not what I want for the wiki, and I will continue to try and make it grow. I admin on other wikis, as shown on my user page, and I truly thing that I benefit this wiki best with the added buttons. 20:18, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
Should UnofficialGameExpert78 be promoted to moderator?[edit source]
I, X~Calibur95 would like to nominate @UnofficialGameExpert78 to moderator. Had it not been for your help in figuring out what colors to use, designing a separate homepage on fanmade material from scratch for this wiki would've
taken much longer than I expected been a true nightmare! One must not overlook UnofficialGameExpert78's creativity, and it is for this reason that UnofficialGameExpert78 should have the ability to change edit protected pages! Additionally, UnofficialGameExpert78 is becoming more & more active when most of the moderators & admins are not interested in contributing, either because they are taking a break or perhaps taking a vacation out of town. There is also a possibility that UnofficialGameExpert78 edits from a different time zone, meaning that destructive edits can be removed more quickly should UnofficialGameExpert78 decide to use that feature. An ideal wiki should have at least 24 different admins all editing at different time zones. Usually, but not always, being a moderator is a prerequisite for being an admin. I have reorganized everything on your sandbox to match the layout similar to the main page on this wiki. Your work looks promising, and I hope to see further improvements in the near future while waiting for the polls to reach at least 100 voters or after several weeks following the creation of the polls. Additionally, UnofficialGameExpert78 has created several templates from scratch that can be used in the future. The ability to create useful templates can save up a lot of time for myself. If this wiki were to ever have 24 admins, I would like to retire (maybe) from this wiki.
- Possibly the 2nd strongest support I have made in 2017! I'm so confident, that if there is no feedback within the next 7 days, UnofficialGameExpert78 will be promoted at my request or subject to a spontaneous promotion at my discretion!
- Support. He's done some decent work over this last month, and as far as I can tell, he always remains friendly and polite. I can see how being able to edit protected pages would be useful.Narve (talk) 19:34, November 27, 2017 (UTC)
Should Wildoneshelper be promoted to administrator?[edit source]
I, X~Calibur95 would like to nominate @Wildoneshelper to administrator position. Ever since joining the wiki in early 2014, Wildoneshelper has been active editing the AoE3 pages when no one else was editing it. In fact, ever since @Mictlantecuhtli left the wiki a while ago, the AoE3 pages have been mostly stagnant. Of great importance is Wildoneshelper's edits focusing on quality rather than quantity. As a matter of fact, that statement is quite misleading since Wildoneshelper's overall edit count throughout Wikia is close to 36,000 which is 3 times that of my own! Like myself, Wildoneshelper is also quite active on other wikis, and is easily approachable and available, helping out whatever that is needed the most like improving the MediaWiki pages which Wildoneshelper is highly experienced in. Wildoneshelper is also becoming more and more active, and has almost doubled the edit count within a short amount of time and has expressed interest in dealing with vandalism as well as malicious wiki behavior. I find these statistics absolutely amazing, and something to behold of, equivalent to that of @Ajraddatz who promoted me to administrator when no one was around. Crafting this recommendation certainly brings back good old memories.
- …Sigh…if no one is willing to provide feedback for @Wildoneshelper, then I will have no choice but to promote Wildoneshelper within the next several days.
- Strongest possible support I might have made so far as of 2017.
Should Nick3069 be promoted to Moderator?[edit source]
I, X~Calibur95, would like to nominate Nick3069 as a Moderator for this wiki. Nick's edit count might not be that impressive, but has good attention to detail, almost equivalent to that of an admin. Rather than making a mass of small edits all over the place, Nick's contributions focuses on quality rather than quantity. Nick has contributed in this wiki since 2014, but has been increasingly become more active since the beginning of 2017. Nick has made important contributions in updating the Age of Mythology pages as well as uploading images of high quality related to the topic of interest not limited to just Age of Mythology pages. As a matter of fact, it is thanks to Nick & Elpistachio that most of the Age of Mythology pages have been created & updated, eliminating the red links which were previously considered a sore thumb ever since the oldest active editors left almost a decade ago.
Most importantly, Nick has an uncanny ability in uploading high quality images relevant to the topic which not all of us have here. Additionally, Nick has expressed interest in performing quality control over our images, which is currently lacking as of this post. Nick is also a patient user, often avoiding drama & conflict. Rather than engaging in heated debates, Nick always provides useful advice to other fellow editors such as here & here, even when some users have a conflict with Nick as indicated on the talk page. I think this nomination is long overdue & I firmly believe that Nick is more than ready to become a next Moderator for this wiki.
- Strong support as nominator.
- Nick is an active and helpful editor here who makes qualified edits. I especially like his focus on high-quality images; I also think a lot of images that are uploaded could be taken more carefully. MasterBroccoli (talk) 13:27, September 8, 2017 (UTC)
- Support. I'm impressed by User:Nick3069's ability to remain patient and civil during disagreements, and I agree with him that the wiki would benefit if he had the ability to delete duplicated or unused images.Narve (talk) 20:07, September 8, 2017 (UTC)
Should Morayus1 be promoted to Moderator?[edit source]
Lately the Age of Empires wikia has been under attack from many vandals, and non-Users that have been editing, and creating pages for either no reason, or for the purpose of making random pages that have no use. The moderators have been asleep in this issue, or have been inactive entirely during this façade, and I wish to change that. Morayus1/XLightningStormL/Steelion69 (talk) 02:28, August 7, 2017 (UTC)
- General Note: This request is long overdue. If no one is willing to provide additional feedback, Morayus1 will be promoted to Moderator in the next several days.
- Yes, he has been in the wiki for a long time. He was one of the first users who helped me out on my first account IndusValley2. At the time, he gave me advice on the Ozarks page and I believe he has the potential. There have been a lack of very active discussion content moderators beside Kran96. Morayus1 definitely needs to step up a level, he learned a lot from his years here. There were previous times where they were rejected except, he has accumulated 800 edits. This is good and he has helped remove vandalizing issues. I most definitely support him as he helped me learn this wiki. Not only that. but Kran is interested in being admin. The inactive admins such BoazMoerman, LeeUnit92, and others have not edited and once they are removed. He can take the place. Balochistan
- Morayus1 is one of the oldest non admin users on the wiki that is still active. Since 2015, Morayus has increasingly become more active as the years go by and has made important contributions on Age of Mythology pages as well as sporadic editing on pages about other game series. This makes Morayus a well rounded editor, knowing enough about every game to differentiate between true or false information. Morayus has also made good use of the Rollback tool and undoing vandalism since April 2015. Additionally, Morayus edits from Australia, meaning that the user likely edits at a time zone when most of the admins & moderators are off wiki. As a result, I'm certain that Morayus1 will make good use of the deletion tools when the time is right.
Should Blappp be promoted to Admin?[edit source]
On behalf of X~Calibur95, I would like to nominate Blappp for administrator. He has been polite and helpful on this wiki, and has more than enough edits to be promoted. He helped out with the AoM articles, and has left his sincere thoughts about fanon on this blog. I believe if X~Calibur95 were here, he'd want him to be promoted. UnofficialGameExpert78
- Support. User:Blappp is one of the finest editors on the wiki, and does excellent work.Narve (talk) 15:37, December 9, 2017 (UTC)
Should "MasterBroccoli" be promoted to "Bureaucrat"?[edit source]
Hello everybody! As we currently only have one active bureaucrat here, I ask to become the second one. I think I have shown in recent years that I am an active contributor and admin here. MasterBroccoli (talk) 15:09, January 10, 2018 (UTC)
Don't you have to ask to adopt the wiki on Community Central in order to become a bureaucrat? UnofficialGameExpert78
- No, a user can be granted bureaucrat rights by the founder or another bureaucrat.Narve (talk) 05:51, January 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Support. One active bureaucrat is not enough, and I think User:MasterBroccoli is the best candidate for the position. He has made a lot of edits in his two years as an editor, and has done a lot of good work (like cleaning up the categories, and reorganizing the Manual of Style).Narve (talk) 05:51, January 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Support. MasterBroccoli is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the inner workings of Wikia and the Age of Empires series. He also tries to keep the comment section friendly, which I really appreciate. UnofficialGameExpert78
- Support. MasterBroccoli has always been a pillar of this community. He's always helpful and reasonable and he has done a lot to improve this wiki. We really could use a second aktive bureaucrat and he definitely is the most suitable man for the job. Blappp (talk) 17:02, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
UnofficialGameExpert78 to sysop[edit source]
I'd like to nominate UnofficialGameExpert78 for promotion to sysop as he or she is, as far as I'm concerned, active and always friendly. As we do not have many active administrators left, I feel UnofficialGameExpert78 is a good addition to our team.
- The user rights for the user group sysop are listed here. MasterBroccoli (talk) 17:04, July 5, 2019 (UTC)
- UnofficialGameExpert78 has been active in this wiki since 12/23/2016 and has accumulated 1000+ edits since then as well as laying out future plans for the layout of Fanmade material which has not been initiated, unfortunately due to my resignation. This promotion is long overdue and the entire wiki could use more admins to assist with the protection of important pages, deletion of spam, elimination of needless pages and duplicated pictures and other tasks such as blocking of vandals that would make running the encyclopedia easier to do.
SageCraft95 (talk) 19:38, July 4, 2019 (UTC)
- They've done good work as a moderator these last few years, and I think it's well past time to progress to sysop.Narve (talk) 20:39, July 5, 2019 (UTC)
Should XZippy be promoted to the position of moderator?[edit source]
I'd like to nominate XZippy for the position of moderator. He's made a lot of edits in the past couple of weeks, and currently sits at over 630, which is above average for a normal user, I feel. Plus, he's a good image editor by his own admission, so he would be a good moderator in order to oversee image quality. UnofficialGameExpert78 (talk) 03:15, April 2, 2020 (UTC)
You may notice a discrepancy between his current edit count and when I wrote the nomination. Truth be told, I actually wrote it a couple of days ago, when his edit count was around 630, and only signed it yesterday, after realizing I had to do that. If you're wondering about the inconsistency, that's why. UnofficialGameExpert78 (talk) 13:25, April 2, 2020 (UTC)
- From what I noticed in my brief activity here recently I can only agree, he added a considerable amount of excellent images which improved a lot of articles. Also, he reacts to and accepts criticism. MasterBroccoli (talk) 06:28, April 2, 2020 (UTC)
- I agree with what MasterBroccoli said above - XZippy does a lot of hard work, and (very importantly) he listens to feedback. He's a wonderful contribution to the wiki.Narve (talk) 10:27, April 2, 2020 (UTC)
- Despite being several days late, I have no choice but to support XZippy's nomination. Good moderators know how to enhance the visual appeal of wikis without being confrontational which fits XZippy nicely here. For being among one of the few who knows how to upload motion pictures, I believe this promotion is long overdue.
Should Balochistan be promoted to Rollback Editor?[edit source]
In the Age of Empires wiki, I want to become a Rollback Editor due many following reasons. To begin with, currently, there is only one active rollback editor right now at this point, Morayus1. The other Rollback/Chat Moderator RSV 123 has been inactive for some time without a return. Although he made a lot of edits with a good amount of information, he currently seems inactive. One other note to this is Morayus1 plans on becoming Moderator. If he does successfully, then I can take over his place. I accumulated over 1,000 edits with the same experience experience points as Morayus1. Showing I have more than the contributions and activity required. If I become rollback, I will try my best to encourage my siblings and friends to contribute to this wiki as they know about this game. Balochistan
Despite making several minor mistakes with the undo button here, here & here, Balochistan has made important contributions on map & nature pages for both Age of Empires II & Age of Empires III. As this wiki becomes more popular with the coming of the definitive editions & new games like Age of Empires IV, the wiki will need more rollbacks. Balochistan has edited before as IndusValley2 who is inactive as of this post. Although multiple accounts are allowed, try to refrain from editing using that account to avoid confusion. If nominated as Rollback, please be extra careful in the future when interacting with fellow editors or uploading new images, some of which have been deleted either because they were duplicated or because of inadequate cropping. Your previous record in working with other users may bite you back in the future, especially in situations like this.
- Sadly, I have to Oppose. User:Balochistan is impulsive, making comments then retracting them. He created a lot of tree pages, impusively renaming them to fit a new scheme, then impulsively renaming them back when I told him not to rename lots of pages without a discussion. As User:X~Calibur95 mentioned above, he makes mistakes with the undo button, reverting improvements to pages he's previously edited or created. The problem is, rollbacks don't show up on the Special:WikiActivity page, so someone would have to follow his edits to make sure he doesn't misuse it - not a constructive use of other editors' time.
Also, he can be a bit sloppy. A lot of his edits have to be followed by some cleanup, fixing links & spacing - minor stuff. He was told to use the .png format for icons back on July 11th, but was still adding gifs as late as earlier this week. He was told to give images descriptive names on June 27th, but uploaded File: Screenshot 2017-09-06 at 7.41.15 AM.png and File: Screenshot 2017-09-06 at 7.39.40 AM.png yesterday. If someone cleans up his edits, and he reverts, it can be a lot harder to spot if he has rollback rights.
And there's also his use of multiple accounts. As X~Calibur95 mentioned, he first edited with the User:IndusValley2 account. He used both it and his current account for about a month, but never posted on either user page to note that both accounts were his (though he did mention it once in an edit summary). He stopped using the former account on July 18th. Then, on September 3rd, User:GajaMada appeared - whose first edit was to create this user page, which was later removed. Both the Balochistan account and the new one were used in the User blog:GajaMada/Demote Elpistachio discussion - where he tried to have an admin demoted, but couldn't give a good reason why, beyond the fact that he felt the wiki had too many admins.
Of course, we can try to assume good faith, and that GajaMada is a different person - who claimed to be Balochistan on his user page, and reverts to restore Balochistan's initial pages, and uses similar file names - but it's getting too hard to do so for me.
Now, I don't mean to imply that Balochistan hasn't done good things on the wiki. He's created a lot of pages, and the Template:Maps template would be full of red links without him. But I don't think he should be a rollback editor.
- Reading all this, I see no other way than to oppose as well. MasterBroccoli (talk) 14:46, September 8, 2017 (UTC)
Requests for Rollback[edit source]
To Rollback Editor
- Morayus1 1st edited this wiki since 2011, which is longer than most users around here despite making only several hundred edits. The user also promised enhanced activity, which is demonstrated by the recent contributions history. The current Rollback editor is inactive, which more than supports this promotion
Requests for Adminship[edit source]
- Hello! i would very much like to be an admin for this site concerning the Age of Emipres series and more specifically the third installment! currently i have created the Ashigaru page and updated the Samurai page a little bit. there will be more! - Incurablevirus on 19:45, May 25, 2010.
- Halogod35 (B) as of 00:47, January 2, 2010