|This article or section documents upcoming content.
It features 4K resolution graphical upgrades, a fully remastered soundtrack, and new civilizations.. It is expected to be released in Fall 2019.
New features Edit
- All Age of Empires HD base game and expansions ported into the Definitive Edition
- New graphics and effects, including building demolition
- Remastered Soundtrack
- Toggable options for old school fans
- Automatic reseeding
- Global queue
- Mixed units and tech queue
- Progress bar for buildings, effects on them if they are working
- Challenge maps to learn mechanics such boar luring and build orders
- New server based multiplayer
- New AI that doesn't cheat, and a new level of difficulty: extreme
- Reworked GUI with villagers working in each resource displayed in the top
- Reworked and improved old campaigns, including changes to the civilizations displayed for a more accurate representation
- Changes to some civilizations architectural sets: Byzantines and Spanish now uses the Mediterranean European set.
- The Last Khans content
- Includes popular mods, like smalltree and grid
- Modding possibility via Age of Empires web
- New units and objects, and redesign for some old ones (p.e "sea wall")
- Improved spectator mode and multiplayer, including native streaming support
- Crossplay between Steam and Microsoft Store
New content Edit
- Tamerlane campaign (name TBA)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.