The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Agamemnon is the King of Mycenae, leader of the Achaean army and brother of King Menelaus of Sparta. King Agamemnon was also the general of the siege at Troy in the Iliad.
Mythology[edit | edit source]
|“||Age -- 53
Homeland -- Mycenae
Occupation -- King
Special attack -- lost his spear on the way, so he just pummels things with his fists
King of Mycenae and leader of the Achaean army; brother of King Menelaus of Sparta. Arrogant and often selfish, Agamemnon provides the Achaeans with strong but sometimes reckless and self-serving leadership. Like Achilles, he lacks consideration and forethought. His tactless appropriation of Achilles' war prize, the maiden Briseis, created a crisis for the Achaeans, when Achilles, insulted, withdrew from the war.
|—In-game mythology section|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to some screenshots, Agamemnon was to appear instead of General Melagius in the Greetings from Greece scenario. This is further supported by the existence of texture files of a statue meant for Agamemnon.
- Comically, the mythology section claims that Agamemnon "lost his spear on the way, so he just pummels things with his fists", referring to his attack not involving weapons, unlike other heroes.
- Barring his arrogance, and overconfidence in his plans, Agamemnon is less antagonistic in Age of Mythology compared to his depiction in the Iliad and other stories about the Trojan War, though this is probably due to either Adaptional Deviation or Adaptional Expansion (in the context of character development due to his trangressions with Achilles)
- Alternatively, it could simply be due to his lack of scenes to establish a deeper presentation of his character (as within the context of Fall of the Trident, his only function is for exposition to the Trojan War arc)
- Agamemnon is one of the random names that a British Frigate may have in Age of Empires III.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Heroes in Age of Mythology|
|Age of Mythology|
|Heroes||Agamemnon · Ajax · Amanra · Arkantos · Brokk · Chiron · Eitri · Odysseus · Reginleif · Setna|
|Antagonists||Circe · Gargarensis · Kamos · Kemsyt · Skult · Theris|
|Supporting characters||Athena · Greta Forkbeard · Kastor · Niordsir · Old Man · Osiris · Theocrat · Zethos|
|Heroes||Ajax · Amanra · Folstag · Gaia · Kastor · Son of Osiris|
|Antagonists||Melagius · Kronos · Prometheus · Servant of Kronos|
|Supporting characters||Arkantos · Atlantean Commander · Krios · Zeno|
|Tale of the Dragon|
|Heroes||Jiao-Long · Shun · Zhi|
|Antagonists||Danzhu · Yama|
|Supporting characters||Ao Kuang · Dilong · Emperor Yao · Pangu · Vermilion Bird|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.