Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|This article is about the hero in Age of Mythology. For the hero in Age of Empires, see Hero Achilles.|
Attack bonuses[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Copper Weapons: +10% attack
- Bronze Weapons: +10% attack
- Iron Weapons: +10% attack
- Copper Mail: -15% hack vulnerability
- Bronze Mail: -15% hack vulnerability
- Iron Mail: -15% hack vulnerability
- Copper Shields: -15% pierce vulnerability
- Bronze Shields: -15% pierce vulnerability
- Iron Shields: -15% pierce vulnerability
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Achilles is the best armored Greek hero. As with all Greek heroes he is very powerful against myth units but is strong enough to take on most units in the game. As a mounted hero he is fast and can chase down fleeing units.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
Age of Mythology[edit | edit source]
Tale of the Dragon[edit | edit source]
Mythology[edit | edit source]
|“||Age -- 35
Homeland -- Scyros
Occupation -- Hero of the Trojan War
A great warrior and Greek champion in the Trojan War, he was nearly invulnerable, having been dipped in the River Styx as a child by his mother, Thetis. During the dipping, however, he had been held by the tendon in one of his heels (the Achilles tendon). Following an argument with Agamemnon, leader of the Greeks outside Troy, Achilles refused to fight and the war began to go in Troy's favor. A friend donned Achilles' armor hoping to re-inspire the Greeks, but he was slain by the Trojan champion, Hector. Enraged, Achilles rejoined the fight, slew Hector, and dragged his body around the city. Guided by the gods, Paris of Troy hit Achilles in his heel with a posioned arrow, and the great warrior died.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Due to balancing reasons, Achilles is not "nearly immortal".
- After Troy has fallen, Achilles can briefly be seen leading the Greek army out of the city, making it possible he survived the events of the Trojan War in Age of Mythology.
- This is an oversight, originally Achilles was one of the Troy campaign heroes, but he was removed because Ensemble either thought there were too many disposable characters, script changes/issues or because the events of Age of Mythology's Troy is set within the last weeks of the war, and by then Achilles was killed (this can be confirmed by the appearance of the "Armor of Achilles" relic in Scratching the Surface scenario).
- In the Beta, Achilles was going to be infantry hero, with a unique model.
- This is present in the July 10th 2002 Multiplayer Alpha build.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Age / God||Zeus||Poseidon||Hades|
|Mythic Age||Bellerophon|| Polyphemus
Video[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.